Friday, May 22, 2009

A Voice from the Abyss

When I was a lonely suburban adolescent hankering to be part of a creative tribe of sorts, I would have killed for this world called the internet. In my present day www meanderings, I occasionally come across a kindred soul with whom I would have loved to virtually know. This anonymous sweetie pie is one of them. Hooray for music. Hooray for the internet. Hooray for being able to call into the abyss. . . and actually be heard.

(Yes, you do sense the beginnings of a regular column.)



Voice: ju218, age 19 from Dijon, France. Song written by Death Cab for Cutie.

2 comments:

Tiersa Nureyev said...

If I would've met this kid at say around 16 years old. My life could be very different from what it is presently. I'm just saying.

Mignav said...

He's a good one. Romantics of this strand are fleeting. Hang in there tender heart.
I just had the pleasure of spending an evening with the brilliant woman who had the insight to post this genuine moment of purity. Thanx.